Friday, January 6, 2012

Who We Are


I am C and have been married to J for three months. We have been together for three years. I have a daughter Little C who is not so little! She is 18 and will be leaving for college this year, which is a whole different post down the road! I am a hospice RN and work in an inpatient facility. I love my job, it is challenging and difficult at times but so rewarding. I am looking to go back to school at some point. I am just not sure when. My wife is J. She will be posting on this blog as well but I have a feeling that I will be the main blogger! We have a challenging schedule/life. I work second shift, from 4pm-12:30am. That means I get home around 1:30am most nights. J works normal hours, 8-5. This means that we don't see each other much during the week! I am off Sat, Sun, and Mon which helps make up for the craziness of my schedule!


Next week, on Wednesday January 11th we have our first TTC (trying to conceive) appointment. It is a two hour appointment with our doctor to see what we need to do to get the ball rolling. We expect there to be hurdles and obstacles. J has PCOS and has very irregular cycles. We have a lot of faith in our doctor though and he has gotten many lesbians pregnant in our town! One of those babies is our sweet niece Izzy!


We have really loved and have been inspired by reading some of the many blogs of other gay families. We feel encouraged and hopeful. We have started this blog so that we will have a story throughout this journey. One that will hopefully document the road to enlarging our family! It may also serve to inspire others someday. Whatever the outcome, we will have stories along the way. We hope to not only write about TTC here but also in becoming a family, our new marriage, the struggles and laughs along the way! We will also write about the craziness of living on the "compound" as we sometimes like to refer to our living situation! We live in a house that we bought from J's parents. It is fifty year old bungalow that we recently renovated, knocking down two walls and gutting the kitchen. We have other projects in the works. Most will probably have to wait awhile after the baby making! We live across the street from J's parents, two doors down from her sister and her family, and three houses down from her aunt. The church a mile down the road has been their family's church for the last 160 years. The church graveyard holds her grandparents, great-grandparents, and aunts, uncles, and cousins. Living this close to family has been bittersweet for us. I love the roots, the closeness, and sense of family here. It can however be difficult. Especially as an in-law! We have our ups and downs with it but mostly ups. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful family. Most of the time they do a wonderful job making me feel like part of the family. Other times it feels as though we are surrounded. Well, because we are!


We hope to learn along the way.To become more proficient about blogging. I love to write and am hoping that this blog will become a way to connect to others. To become an outlet for the stories of our life. I have a lot to learn about the design, pictures, etc. I am not the most computer savvy person but it will come. We are excited to start this thing! Hopefully others will enjoy reading it as well!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Don't worry too much about PCOS. I have it was still able to conceive three children at home using DS. Hope your apt goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!! I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete